Sustainability & Training
Master Fisherman and Codes of Practice
Dean is a recognised OceanWatch Master Fisherman. He harvests seafood respecting the aspects of responsible and sustainable fishing incorporated in the Master Fisherman Program including quality assurance, bycatch reduction devices and techniques, animal welfare, threatened species management, etc.
As a NSW Fisherman, Dean is working according to the following fishing industry Codes of Practice. Industry codes of practice are a commitment to environmental best practice and are aligned with the principles and objectives of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation.
- NSW Estuary General Fishery Code of Practice
- NSW Trawl Fishery Code of Practice
- NSW Ocean Haul Fishery Code of Practice
- NSW Ocean Trap and Line Fishery Code of Practice
Environmental Impact Statements
An environmental impact assessment has been completed for each of the major NSW wild catch fisheries to help ensure they are managed in a sustainable way.
Dean is working respecting the:
- Estuary General Fishery EIS
- Ocean Hauling Fishery EIS
- Ocean Trap and Line Fishery EIS
- Estuary Prawn Trawl EIS
Fisheries Management Strategies
Fisheries management strategies are guidelines for NSW professional fisheries, developed with an intent to accredit fishing activities in NSW as sustainable under both State and Commonwealth legislation.
Dean is working according to:
- Estuary General Fishery FMS
- Ocean Hauling Fishery FMS
- Ocean Trap and Line Fishery FMS
- Estuary Prawn Trawl FMS
Go on our Sustainability page to learn more about sustainability in seafood industry.