Brad is a recognised OceanWatch Master Fisherman, successfully completing sustainable and responsible fishing practice training and assessment.
The program incorporates many aspects of responsible fishing including:
Quality assurance, threatened species, bycatch reduction devices and techniques, animal welfare and catch reporting, water quality, habitat, pollution, indigenous fishing and workplace health and safety.
Training is facilitated by OceanWatch Australia, assessment overseen by the NSW Fishing Industry Training Committee, linked to the Seafood Industry Training Package Competency Unit and industry wide codes of practice.
Brad’s Maritime and Food Safety Qualifications:
- Master Mariner Class 5
- Marine Engine Driver Grade 3
- Food Safety Training Certification
- Best Management Practices in the Seafood Industry / Food Safety for Commercial fishers
- Board of Directors – OceanWatch Australia 15 years
- Executive Chair – OceanWatch Australia 9 years
- Australian Rural Leadership Program – Graduate 2012
- National Seafood Industry Leadership Program – Graduate 2002
- Australian Institute of Company Directors – Graduate Member
Special Awards – Star of the Sea
- In 2015 Brad was awarded the “Star of the Sea” at the Sydney Fish Market Seafood Excellence Awards for service to the NSW fishing industry.